Thursday, January 3, 2008

Quilting with Stephanie

Tonight we had my friend Stephanie and her son Chris for dinner and quilting. Stephanie is the queen of denim quilting:-) She buys her jeans at yard sales and cuts them into any size possible. While Stephanie and I quilt, Chris plays foosball and air hockey with my children. Allen just loves having another boy around to play with.
Today Mike took Maggie up to Bethesda Naval Medical Center for a doctor's appointment. Afterwards they stopped at a cake supply store where they bought this scrapless biscuit cutter for me! So tonight I will set some sourdough biscuit starter for breakfast. Anna made these four quilted trivet/potholders for me for Christmas. Aren't they beautiful? It's gonna be awfully hard for me to get these near food ~ I sure don't want to stain them!

Today's high was 32 degrees but thankfully it's supposed to start warming up tomorrow until it's 60 this weekend. Hope you had a good day.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the denim quilt idea! Hannah has been collecting some old jeans and will pair the squares with red and white cloth to make a denim picnic blanket (red white and blue). We actually hadn't thought that maybe we could pick up some jeans at yard sales. Looks like y'all had a really fun time together.