Monday, January 28, 2008

I enjoyed seeing this redheaded woodpecker trying to eat out of my feeder this morning. He looked funny with his head reaching up and over. I wasn't able to capture that on camera because my tea kettle was whistling loudly and poor Woody was trying to determine what kind of bird was singing so desperately!
This is Ruthie with her birthday doll. I just realized that Anna made both the dress and the doll. She made the doll years ago. It's time I dug out the pattern and got Ruthie making one. I'm not sure if you can see in this closeup, but Anna added two pockets and a bow. So adorable.

Last night Sarah and Ruthie were playing dollhouse and Sarah was enjoying herself immensely as she recounted to Ruthie the many hours of fun she had playing with all the different pieces. Within the half hour, they were sewing little blankets and mattresses (the old ones were worn out!) and planning great things. I have enjoyed having 5 daughters. I was too tomboyish as a child and never played dollhouse. I did have one dollie, but I used her for target practice with my BB gun!

My brother sent me these pictures of someone's diligence in building a lego church. There are two more pictures that refused to copy. If you'd like to see them also, email me and I will forward them to you.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: