Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mike!

Today is Mike's 55th birthday. Doesn't look it and certainly doesn't act it:-)Maggie made Mike his favorite cake of all ~ carrot cake. Cheesecake is a close second, but he knew the rest of us couldn't eat any, so we're glad he chose the carrot cake!We use to eat Tofutti's Blueberry Cheesecake ice cream for birthdays, but Tofutti has stopped making that flavor. So I bought one of several kinds to try out. We like them all...a lot! The new flavors are Cookie Dough, Pomegranate Chip, Praline Pecan, Better Pecan, Vanilla, and Chocolate. Delicious!
Today I bought this set of embroidered horse blocks on eBay. I hope to sew them into a quilt for Lizzie for her May birthday. We'll see. I find it such a good deal to buy this way than to buy the special embroidery pattern (this one is $65!), the special backing, the white muslin, and especially the embroidery thread. I will let you know when I choose the coordinating fabrics.

Today was busy. Mike did a lot of work around the house. I can't believe it is this late already. Our Read the Bible in a Year is going really well. The best part is that the children are excited about it. Right now we are reading Job. I have been surprised at how many verses I recognize from this book. Hope you are being faithful in your Bible reading as well, whichever way you read it. Enjoy your Sunday.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: