Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lehman's Non-Electric Catalog

One of my favorite catalogs came in the mail today! This catalog is full of the most wonderful non-electric items you can imagine. Lehman's Hardware store is located in Kidron, Ohio, home to a large amish/mennonite community. I have bought a few items over the years, and we have always been pleased with the quality. We visited this store 14 years ago and enjoyed it a lot!

In addition to their website, http://www.lehmans.com/, they also have a wonderful blog that has interesting posts. I don't read it regularly, but when I do, I usually end up reading quite a few posts.

Today was Homeschool Co-op, so I taught Ukulele class, then taught my cooking class how to make sourdough waffles. It sure was a lot of fun. We came home long enough to drop off my mixer and waffle irons, then headed down to Dad's church to make dinner. We served Jambalaya (a real hit!), tons of spaghetti and sauce, garlic bread, salad, hotdogs for the children, and dishes of antipasto goodies. Since Dad is in Texas, the work fell on my brother Simba. He sure did a great job.

We are finally finished reading the Book of Job in the Old Testament for our Read the Bible in a Year goal. We've decided it takes the patience of Job to read Job all the way through! Tonight we are back to Genesis.


This morning on the way to Co-op, my children and I listened to a CD called, The Role of the Children in the Meeting of the Church. It is published by Vision Forum. When we arrived at church, Allen said, "Wow! How can we make our church like that?!" What a vision we were given. We listened to it again tonight. Now Mike can hardly wait to hear it.

We're all exhausted from our long day. Mike went flying twice and he's wilting fast.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: