Saturday, February 16, 2008

What a busy weekend. Last night we went to my friend Sonya's home for dinner and games. Another family was supposed to come but they called in sick. My share of the dinner was rolls and dessert. I made my usual sourdough rolls but this time I added cracked wheat. They were delicious. To make your bread or rolls with cracked wheat, just soak one cup of cracked wheat in one cup warm water for 20 minutes. Drain and add to dough. My whole family loved the taste ~ like fresh wheat.Sonya's home had lots of flowers too thanks to Valentine's Day. I didn't get any pictures of game time because I was too busy having fun.
Today we went to Anna's piano recital. She played, "A Time Forgotten" by Melody Bober, one of my favorite composers. Anna played it perfectly.

I made chuckwagon stew for dinner but we ended up eating it after the recital. Fortunately there's enough leftover for another meal. I had to borrow an onion from my neighbor this morning, so this afternoon we gave her new onions and a jar of stew. It is so nice to have neighbors like them!

The girls and I have been practicing for our special music tomorrow. We are having so much trouble with our piece that we are deciding on a Plan B.

Mom and Dad come home from Texas tomorrow evening. We can barely wait.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: