Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

We started our Valentine's celebration at Homeschool Co-op. Ruthie had fun making this heart project. As much as I was dismayed at the idea of the whole valentine's party thing, I ended up enjoying myself. The children (at co-op) were very giving, and I got many hugs and best wishes from my students, along with their cards, candy and...flowers!
Brittany's family went all out and gave flowers to the teachers and helpers. What a delight!
Our family ended up giving these simple cards. We didn't have any color ink in our printer, so we had to do with the basics. It ended up being a last-minute project because we were hoping the postman would bring the new ink refill (it was in the mailbox when we got home from the party). But that's okay, my children enjoyed punching out the hearts and gluing them on the cards.
Yesterday Mike came home from work with a rose for each daughter and me. Aren't they beautiful?
He gave us a freshcut bunch too. So our kitchen is looking pretty spring-like! Maggie spent the afternoon making a very special dinner for us. It was sooo delicious. We started off with these soup bowls of fish chowder:

Then we had sauteed green beans and baked tilapea:
And for dessert we had chocolate truffle with cream sauce:
I almost forgot to take pictures as each dish was served. Maggie made chocolate hearts to go on the truffles, but forgot them until afterwards.
The hearts are supposed to stand up in the cream. The whole meal was dairyfree and eggfree.

I John 2:10 says, "He that loveth his brother abideth in the light." Valentine's Day for us was a time of celebrating our love for each other as well as our love for our Saviour, "We love Him because He first loved us." I John 4:19

I hope you had a loving day also. Today is back to reality with schoolwork and chores. We are singing for special music on Sunday, so we are practicing a lot.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: