Monday, April 23, 2007


Thank you for all the "Happy Anniversary" cards and phonecalls! It's hard to believe it's been 24 years. Time sure does fly when you're busy. Well, this year Mike is keeping his tradition alive by being out of town today. This morning he and Anna took off for Elizabeth City, North Carolina. Anna was so excited! Ruthie whimpered all morning trying to imagine life with her personal servant, but she got over it really quickly when she was given Anna's seat in the car:-)

The flowers (first picture) are from Mike. He never forgets flowers. I really like the way they cheer up the whole kitchen. The picture, as usual, does no justice. I really need to learn to take better pictures.

The second picture shows the breakfast pizza Maggie made. Everything is dairyfree. It was so delicious. Maggie makes the best "fake" cheese with pimentos and raw cashews. This orange cheese is really good for nachos. Maggie is putting together a collection of her best "fake" cheese recipes, so if you'd like a copy, email me.

Dad sent over some leftover crabs. They were delicious, what a treat! Thanks, Dad!

Anna was a real champ this morning before she left. I was behind in cutting out my quilt kits, so while I cut the fabric, she put the kits together. It sure is fun working with someone. Anna's favorite part of quilting is choosing the fabric.

The thermostat reached 83 degrees today! We are planning another bonfire this Friday evening, so we are checking the weather reports often. So far it looks good!

I finished my huge pile of mending and hemming, so tonight I get to do some pleasure quilting. I hope everyone is getting a chance to be out in the sunshine and admire God's handiwork.

My children are such outdoors people. Today, Maggie came home from her college class and declared she was taking my three youngest children fishing at Grandad's pond (a mile away). There was a mad scramble for poles, worms, hats and, oh yes, the camera! They aren't used to their new, bloggin' Momma who shoves the camera into everyone's hands every chance she gets! So Sarah is off to her evening class, Mike and Anna are in NC, Maggie, the twins, and Ruthie are fishing, the mending basket is empty...what more could I ask for?

The quietness is deafening.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: