Saturday, April 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Anna!

Today is Anna's 14th birthday. Time sure flies. When Anna was born, the nurses were concerned because she refused to cry. It hurt my heart when they finally prodded her enough to make her cry. When Anna was a child she was always so happy that her Grandfather called her Smiley. This picture was taken this past week when Anna went to NC with her Daddy. She had a really good time. We sure missed her here because Anna is our lead soprano when we sing for church (or anywhere else!). It was hard to practice without her. We are so glad that God gave Anna to us.

It is heartwarming to see Anna grow spiritually. She really cares about the things of the Lord. She also takes her Bible memory quite seriously. Anna feels the call of the Lord to be a missionary in Africa. So she has studied Swahili and it is easy for her! It is exciting to see what the Lord is doing in her life.

When Anna was four and five years old, she was quite a soccer star. Even this past year when I was in Walmart, a woman came up to me and asked if I was Anna's mom. Her child had been on Anna's team and she remembered Anna as being so happy. Another mother remembered how Anna had congratulated the goalie of the opposing team for a good move, even though that move kept her team from scoring!

Anna asked for books for her birthday, so I had fun shopping for them. I ended up getting the best deal online at CBD. As usual, I took the younger children to the Dollar Store to get their gifts...and they got some good ones!

Today Mike hung my oak quilt hanger/shelves in the living room, so now I have to get serious about making the quilts to hang on them. I did get a lot of sewing done today. I sewed 12 churn dash quilt blocks in blue fabrics. My ebay customers will be happy about that! Then I sewed a dress for Ruthie out of daisy fabrics. I then starting sewing a dress for Lizzie but konked out before sewing the top to the bottom. It sure was fun sewing in my "new" sewing room!

Take care and enjoy a relaxing Sunday.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: