Monday, April 9, 2007

One of my favorite blogs that I enjoy reading from time to time is I Have To Say and is written by Randi. She has these wonderful "Let's Get Real Monday" play alongs with different themes. I always enjoy reading what others have written and thought I'd take a try.

If I have time, I'd like to do two themes. My first theme is what I like about being me.
~Most of all, I like knowing that I am going to spend eternity with Jesus Christ because He died on the cross for my sins and I have accepted His gift of eternal salvation.
~I am sooo thankful for the family God has chosen to give me.
~I am rarely bored. I have been blessed with many gifts, talents and hobbies.
~I am very aware of how blessed I am to have a hubby with a great job that allows me to stay home.
~I am thankful that we live in a country where we can pray aloud, read the Bible, and teach our children about God.
~I am also thankful that I can homeschool my children, even though I am the worst teacher ever.
~I am thankful that my children love the Lord.
~I have learned to be thankful for the hard things that come my way ~ the miscarriages, the food allergies, the rebellion that wants to rule in my heart.
~I like that we have a good church to worship.

And now for my second theme...quilting!
What's not to like about quilting?!
~the hunt for fabric sales or that one particular fabric
~snuggling up with the quilt books looking for that perfect pattern
~cutting the fabric perfectly so I will be guaranteed perfect piecing
~sewing all the pieces together like a jigsaw puzzle
~the excitement of watching all the pieces come together
~the constant pressing (ironing) so all the corners are neat and crisp
~choosing whether to topstitch by hand or machine
~the choice of borders
~the contentment of a quilt all finished and ready to share

My hubby sings baritone in our local Barbershop Chorus. This Saturday evening is their big concert. So this week they have extra rehearsals and the excitement is intense! Usually I am sewing some sort of costume since they dress up. But this year was easy ~ just a green plaid shirt from the thrift store. I can't wait to see what the theme is. Should be fun!

Well, Monday is over. The laundry is all clean and blowing in the breeze outside. My Ebay packages got dropped off at the post office and the children had good piano lessons. Time to unwind and have family devotions. Hope you are all well.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: