Thursday, April 19, 2007


Good evening!

I find it hard to believe that I haven't written since Sunday. My week has been too busy but it is slowly winding down. There's no doubt in my mind why the Bible says we wives are to be "keepers at home" (Titus 2:5). Spending a lot of time away from home isn't healthy for myself, hubby, family or anyone! The children especially feel it.

Yesterday my children and I helped my Dad cook dinner for his church (SAYSF Bible Church in Lexington Park). We do this every third Wednesday evening. It wouldn't be a big deal, but my Dad loves to cook large meals and the menu keeps expanding! Last night we had baked ham, prime rib, kielbasa and kraut, hotdogs and beans, potatoes and green beans, crab balls, fresh pineapple, fresh fruit salad, deviled eggs, sliced bread, chips and lots of desserts. I'm sure I missed something...but you get the picture! My brother Chris (lovable Uncle Simba) always shows up around 4 pm to lend his helping hands. My children love Simba. So it is always a good time for everyone.

Every time I run around and lose my grounding, I am always reminded of Ruth's advice to her daughter, "Sit still, my daughter, until thou know how the matter will fall" (Ruth 3:18). Sit still! With so much yet to do!

My freshman year at BJU, we were required to read a book called, "How to get Control of the Time of your Life." It was a good requirement since I learned some principles that I would use for the rest of my life. The best principle I read is that when you are feeling overwhelmed and pressed for time, force yourself to sit for 15 minutes. You are not allowed to get up and do anything. Inevitably I end up prioritizing and making the best use of my next few hours. Try it!

Today's pictures are of my apple orchard and Lizzie mowing the lawn. Our field has turned green and the mowing season hath beguneth. Our apple trees have never had such few blossoms, so I'm hoping the unusually cool weather hasn't damaged them.

Enjoy this upcoming weekend. Here in southern Maryland we are expecting beautiful weather in the high 70s. Won't be long before the three dreaded adjectives ~ hot, humid and hazy!

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: