Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We got lots of schoolwork done today. Yippee! I found some new Geography worksheets today that we all enjoyed. If you enjoy this website, be sure to write to the owner and thank her. (The worksheets are all free.)



Late this afternoon I took Allen to his Tang Soo Do class and forgot to leave any instructions about dinner. So it was a real throw-together affair! I made some Sourdough Cornmeal bread that I baked in my cast iron pan. I think this recipe would be good if you can eat eggs. I tried my usual substitution of adding more sourdough starter, but I'd like to try another recipe. As usual...my family loved them!Lizzie and Maggie expermented with a soft ice cream recipe and wow, it was a winner! They even made a caramel sauce to go over it. The ice cream recipe was cashew-based. Definitely a keeper recipe. I will post this recipe on Maggie's Test Kitchen Blog tomorrow.
Maggie wasn't pleased to see one of our ducks on her car. She declared she was going to start Boot Camp for Ducks tomorrow. Watch out!

As the cool weather settles in, our thoughts are turning to campfires. We found this campfire setup online for anywhere from $29-59. Allen wants to make his own. I think it's pretty nifty, especially the way it folds up. But our family just gathers a bunch of junk wood (lots of that on our 23 acres!) and throws it into the middle of our field. Then we drag out our pool furniture, or turn some thick logs on end. The best campfires are when we invite a bunch of friends over!


We keep trying to figure out how, in the Roy Roger's movies, the cowboy sits around a blazing fire with his guitar...and it never goes out of tune from the heat!

Mike brought home some flowers today which really brightened the kitchen.


Song of Solomon 5:13 "His cheeks are as a bed of spices, as sweet FLOWERS: his lips like lilies, dropping sweet smelling myrrh." Yes, our great God is the author of romance!


Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: