Saturday, September 6, 2008

We are in the midst of Hanna this morning...so no Outlaw Days. The ducks are enjoying all the rain.
Here they are swimming in the puddles at the base of our oak tree.
Last night we had Greek Gyros. They were delicious...and very easy to make. I was able to find whole wheat pita bread with flax seeds. Very delicious. Now that Walmart sells ground lamb for cheap, I was able to follow the recipe exactly...except for the white sauce, I substituted nondairy sourcream for the yogurt. It was a real hit with many requests to have gyros more often.


If you live nearby and would like to try a gyro, go to Niko's Pizza, located in St. Mary's Square. They have the best greek food, but their Gyros are the best!

We are going to spend the day indoors. We have a lot of music to practice, as well as sewing to get done.

Enjoy your weekend. Many blessings ~ Kathie

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hello. You all sound like a really neat family. I am homeschooled along with my two brothers. Check out my blog sometime.

Love in the Lord,
Amanda

Julia Riber Pitt said...

Love that stuff (the gyros, I mean). Your life seems pretty content.