Monday, September 8, 2008

Doesn't Ollie look happy? Maggie and Lizzie experimented with raspberries and gelatin, and, well, it was headed to the compost pile. But we remembered how much Ollie likes raspberries, so he took care of it!
Doesn't this look like a restful nap to you? This duck obviously doesn't have low blood pressure!
Tonight we heard some squawking and found the bigger ducks picking on little Jake, so Lizzie "laid some love on him" (to quote the folks at church).
Ollie got in on all the loving too. Living with pets is so much fun.
Today I went to a little out-of-the-way country store and came home with these two jars of jam. One is Kiwi Jam, the other is Rhubarb Jam. I only liked the Kiwi, but my family likes both of them. I've never seen these flavors before.
Our family eats a lot of Good Seasonings salad dressing, the kind that comes with the left bottle, above. This year I've driven myself crazy with this bottle because it leaks all the time...especially in the refrigerator. The oil is really intelligent. It always waits until I wash the bottle and put it in the refrigerator. It waits a few minutes, then seeps down the bottle, onto the shelf. So today in Walmart I found this cute little 1-pint rubbermaid pitcher with a tight-fitting lid. Very tight! It's definitely a keeper. (I know it's not as pretty as the glass bottle, but there's also nothing pretty about a batty woman with an oily refrigerator!)

Mike and Sarah are preparing for their first day back to homeschool co-op tomorrow. Mike is teaching Physics and Algebra, and Sarah is teaching Writing classes (divided by ages). Maggie will be helping another woman with cooking class.


Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: