Saturday, March 8, 2008

Why we dress the way we do

I was reading my daughter's blog recently and found she has a link on her sidebar explaining why she dresses the way she does. So of course I had to read it. I'm so glad I did! This is probably the best explanation for modesty that I have ever read/heard. So now I've added it to my sidebar.

Just a word of testimony about our family. If you don't enjoy approaching people to give them the gospel or to give them a gospel tract, then let them come to you. Dress your family modestly (homemade dresses are a real hit) and go stand in your local Walmart. Make sure you are prepared with some good tracts. Our most common inquiries are, "Are you amish/mennonite/Christians? Did your mom make your dresses? Are you twins? Are you really the only boy?"

I used to hand out my own handmade "business" card that explained my job description based on Titus 2:3. I also included my email address and phone number in case they had more questions. I really need to make some more of those.

So pray about becoming a walking advertisement for the Lord. Then do your part to make sure you are never saying, doing, or going anywhere that would be a stumbling block to an unbeliever (or even a believer!).

It is important to explain that our dresses are not going to help us get to heaven. The Bible is really clear about "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." ~ Acts 16:31.

Thanks for listening. Hope this explanation helps.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: