Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This is Maggie and her miracle worker, Dr. Daxton Krugman. Today I got to see Maggie's x-rays. What a distorted spine. No wonder my baby has been in pain. Dr. Krugman says Maggie's spine is consistent with what we told him about her trauma 9 years ago when she fell off the deck of our home. My question now is, how come the other doctors/chiropractors couldn't see that?!
Today we had fun on the beach. This time my children went swimming. The water temp is in the 60s. It is so much fun having the whole beach to ourselves.
This time I drove Dad's truck to the beach (1/2-mile from home) and felt safe knowing it has 4-wheel drive if I should get stuck. All the man-of-wars are gone, not a one in sight. Now the children have to learn the "stingray shuffle" which means they have to constantly be shuffling their feet side to side so the stingrays won't attack them. If it's not one thing it's another!
Here's Allen with the metal detector. We took turns using it and found a total of $1.48! I had a hard time taking this picture because the sun was so bright.
I made some Sourdough Sugar Cookies last night. Yummy! Even Grandaddy liked them although he still can't believe they had no eggs. I think he was scared of what I'd be feeding him but he said he's been pleasantly surprised. He bought a turkey that I cooked today. Now we have lots of good turkey meat leftover for meals. Right now I am making broth out of the scraps.

Maggie is still in pain, but the sadness is starting to leave her eyes. I also notice she is sleeping a lot, probably a sign that her body is working hard to heal. Even though we affectionately call Dr. Krugman our miracle worker, it is God who is the Ultimate Miracle Worker and has heard our prayers for Maggie's healing. We want to be like the lame man who "went walking and leaping and praising God."

Many blessings ~ Kathie

PS ~ Our laugh for the day came from Ruthie. When Ruthie found out that Maggie goes into a room and is alone with Dr. Krugman, she turned to her and said, "Maggie, don't forget your pepper spray." Guess all my years of training have caught hold!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Recipe for Sourdough Sugar Cookies

1 cup sourdough starter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 tablespoons milk
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt

Mix sugar, shortening and cream. Add eggs, vanilla extract, salt and sourdough. Fold in flour and baking powder. Roll on lightly floured board; cut with knife into 1/4-inch slices. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.


Yields 24 cookies.

1 comment:

Cowen Family said...

I have suffered with lower back pain for as long as I can remember and dealt with unexplained migraine/headaches for 6 months with no relief until I got to a chiro who found the cause: head trauma from when I was a child having hit the windshield several times before seatbelts were a law:( I am so blessed that there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel for her and that she seems to be in the road to recovery. God is so good. Many times I questioned the Lord as to why I had to go through all that, HIS response: "Child, your thoughts are not my thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. Watch and see." My "healing" has touched and reached so many and given them a hope. We never know why we are given the "thorns in our sides." Have a wonderful time in Texas:) I love the story about little Ruthie. I actually laughed outloud...not many things make me do that:)