Friday, March 28, 2008

Sacred Harp Singers

One of the events I was looking forward to attending this spring, is the Potomac River Sacred Harp Singing Convention. If you enjoy folk music with a spiritual message, you may enjoy this. This music is 4-part singing, with no accompaniment. It is not really beautiful music as in cultured, but raw singing as in folk mountain music. The Convention is April 4th and 5th.

If you live within a few hours' drive, I highly recommend you go to this annual event. To learn more about Sacred Harp Singing, go here. The sacred harp is referring to your voice, that is, the musical instrument you were given at birth. To hear some of this music, go here to hear four songs. To find a Sacred Harp Singing close to you, go here.

One of my favorite blogs to read is written by the Servan Clan. They have a wonderful post about Sacred Harp Singing.

If you go, please let me know! I'd enjoy hearing about it. And if you live near me, let's make plans to go next year!

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: