Monday, March 23, 2009

Last night after evening church service, I sauteed some of these sweet potato fries for dinner. Yummy! I'm not crazy about sweet potatoes, but I really liked these. And they hardly took long to cook. For you local folks, you can buy a huge bag of these fries at BJs. And one serving gives you your full day's worth of Vitamin A.
On Saturday I read this book that I bought for 10 cents at the thrift shop. It is by no means a Christian book, it's just that I enjoy real-life stories. This memoir was written by a woman when she was 80 years old. Her family kept asking her questions about their family history, so this was her way of once and for all telling everything she knew. I was very impressed.

I am fortunate that both of my parents have their families "documented." My father's cousin earned her Master's degree tracing the entire Allen Graham family line back to Scotland. She wrote a wonderful paperback complete with pictures. Each of us got a copy. On my mother's side, my uncle traced the Kellenburger family back to wherever? Only the 13 children and 33 grandchildren got copies. I am a great-grandchild, so I need to copy my mother's copy:-)
 
Anyhow, I would like to someday start my own written journal for my children. I guess I'll have to keep it secret until the end of my life so that my children won't disown me for being such a rebel in my earlier years!
 
I'm off to violin lessons, then piano and voice. Hope you had an enjoyable weekend. Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: