Monday, March 9, 2009

Anna has been sibling-sitting for me a lot lately while I take Maggie to all her dr appts, so I wanted to bless her in some small way. Since Anna is very faithful with her Bible reading and quiet time, I wanted to give her something that would be an encouragement to her in that area. I spent a few days researching prayer journals and Bible study journals. I ended up buying the above Praying Through the Bible from CBD (Christian Book Distributors). This is what the inside pages look like. I really like this book. CBD offers almost a hundred choices, so take a look. I recommend using CBD because they offer the most convenient "look inside" feature so you can know exactly what you are buying.
I also bought this Prayer journal, but both of us agree we don't like the setup:
Sorry the pictures look washed out. Anyhow, there are many free journals online. I bought the above journals because I wanted something small that Anna could keep with her Bible.
My favorite of the free online prayer journals is this one from Free Christian Printables. Plain and simple.
The website Hem of His Garment has several other choices as well as a Bible Study journal.
Here's one last choice to show you. Just click on the pictures to go to the accompanying website. I kept a detailed prayer journal in high school. I threw it away during a spring cleaning...something I have regretted ever since.
I also blessed Anna with two of these floor heaters by Feature Comforts. I bought these for $15 from a nearby woman who had listed them on craigslist.org. What a treat! Our sewing room is a converted cellar in our basement, so it is cold! That is great in the summer...but hard on the toes in the winter. So I placed one of these heaters under the sewing table, and the other one under the desk. Anna just came up and said the heaters worked wonderfully and she now has toasty toes! Thank you Lord!

If anyone has any ideas or comments on keeping a prayer journal, and/or a Bible study journal, I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Here in southern Maryland, we are finishing up four days of beautifully warm weather...but it is about to come to an end. Back to more typical temps in the 40s and 50s (30s at night). My daffodils are blooming...but no pictures because my ducks eat them first.

Enjoy your week. Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: