Saturday, October 11, 2008

This is a stick bug that we found in the garage yesterday! We had fun watching him. Later on I googled stick bugs and learned a lot about them. Now I wish we would've caught him to keep as a pet. They are easy to keep.
Here's poor Ollie. He got his first Heartworm treatment this week. Now we have to keep him motionless for a month. Yikes! I'm not sure who is hurting more...him or us!
Bonnie and Owen came up with the winning caption for my duck picture yesterday. "Slam Duck!" My family loved it. Thanks, Bonnie. My children told me they had to help this slam dunk up out of the basket with a broom. I'm sure that was funny in itself.


This morning Lizzie made pancakes. I had forgotten to set my sourdough batter last night, so she made regular pancakes. I went to my favorite online recipe search, www.recipesource.com and was surprised to find recipes for many exotic pancakes, but very few for typical pancakes. Here are some recipes that caught my eye:

1 ~ Shrimp with cornmeal pancakes
2 ~ North-South onion pancakes
3 ~ Red Pepper coriander pancakes with guacamole
4 ~ Vegetable Rye pancakes
5 ~ Mulligan's Boxty pancakes

A total of 533 pancake recipes came up. Of course, there were many recipes for blueberry, potato, buckwheat, and corn pancakes, too.

Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

This weekend our church is having revival services with evangelist Byron Foxx from Bible Truth Music. Last night he preached on this Bible verse and challenged us to be peacemakers. He certainly gave us a lot to meditate on today. I'm looking forward to returning tonight.

We quilters call ourselves piecemakers, so I have been thinking about the similarities between a piecemaker and a peacemaker. Last night we had half of our congregation in attendance and we raised the roof with our singing voices. It was wonderful.

Enjoy your weekend. Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: