Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our trees are finally starting to turn colors. I always enjoy this time of year.
This year for Christmas gifts, I have finally convinced my sister in law that we need to give homemade/cheap gifts. My sil loves to shop, especially for my five daughters. But the economy is affecting everyone, so now is a good time to economize. But what to make?


I collect worn out jeans from www.freecyle.org to make quilt squares. I saved the pockets with the hopes of maybe sewing them onto a finished quilt or some other creative idea. But this morning I had a rare moment and came up with the idea to turn these pockets into denim coasters! What do you think? I will back them with blue navy fabric with batting between. I have a huge trashbag full of batting scraps, so I can thin out that bag too. If you have any tips or additional suggestions, please let me know. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Actually, this afternoon while I was sewing patches onto Allen's uniform, I managed to break my good computerized Viking machine, and messed up Anna's machine as well. Hubby reminded me today that my good, top of the line Viking is 23 years old. Yikes! Where did the time go?
This past week I picked up one of these squirrel feeders at the thrift shop for 30 cents. Then I went to the Henyard and got a bag of dried corn ears. Allen and Mike put it up this weekend.
Now I'm waiting for my first squirrel. I've only seen one in my yard in 8 years, so I'm curious if this feeder will draw them out.
Our local Walmart has these small purse-size Bibles for $10.22...a great deal! It is very hard to find KJV Bibles around here. My children have all requested one, so I buy them whenever I see them. Walmart only gets them in groups of two. The best part is that the words are large print...not the tiny print you can barely read.

Our local Wendy's is having a 99 cent sale on their Crispy Chicken Sandwiches, so tonight we splurged and bought 8 for dinner. I figured it costs me $8-10 for a meal anyhow, so it was nice to let someone else do the cooking. Cleanup was a breeze! (Please don't remind me of the lack of nutrition:-)

Tomorrow is Wednesday already. Wow. Time flies when you're busy.


Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: