Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy 15th Birthday, Anna

It seems like just yesterday that I was posting about Anna's 14th birthday. Time sure flies. We had fun celebrating Anna's birthday. First she had to find her 23 gifts by playing hot (close to finding it) and cold (nowhere near). Why 23 gifts? Because Joann's Fabrics had ribbon on sale 4/$1.00 and we got her a lot of them! Ruthie had fun individually wrapping and hiding each gift.
Anna also got a nice digital camera. She's happy about that! (So am I since everyone is always borrowing mine.)
Here we are in our jammies watching her open her gifts.
Since we're still in Texas (until Monday), I can't post any pictures from her childhood, so I will next year. Anna loves her hats. It's rare that she doesn't have one on. When Anna was young, folks called her Smiley because she was always happy and smiling. Anna has a servant's heart. She is most faithful in her Bible reading and Scripture memorization ~ two enviable traits!
Maggie made her a delicious cake. Lemon cake with Lemon Icing. I don't usually enjoy lemon-flavored desserts, but I sure enjoyed this cake! It wasn't an overpowering taste. Maggie also made the candied lemon slices on the corners.
Last night we drove over to Texas A&M to see a concert put on by their orchestra. I can't believe this is the only picture that turned out (bad as it is). The university is located on open waters and is stunningly beautiful. The Performing Arts Building is an architectural beauty as well.
Flash cameras weren't allowed, so it was hard to get a good picture. The orchestra was very small, but notice the beautiful harpsichord on the left. The first half of the program featured a flutist. The second half was Grieg's Piano Concerto which featured three different pianists for each of the three movements.

It was nice, but I have to say that it wasn't the best. I went to BJU for 3 years where everything was 1st class, always the best. BJU's orchestra was no exception. So that's why I have a hard time being thrilled with a so-so orchestra. But that's okay. It was a free concert which I enjoyed with my Dad and my children.


Tonight we go to the airport to pick up Mike who is flying in from a few workdays in Miami. Hurray! We can hardly wait to see him.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: