Thursday, April 3, 2008

I couldn't resist taking this picture of a sign in the chiropractor's office. Maggie is for sure a difficult case!
Today is yet another windy day with 40+ mph winds and 60 mph wind gusts. This road to the beach is always blowing sand. My children went swimming from 4-5 pm and now they have sunburned faces. They will have to be more diligent with the suntan lotion.
I love the way swimming wears everyone out! This is Anna and Lizzie snuggled on the sofa. We were all singing together and then I noticed we'd lost two voices. Today we went to a music store in town that had hundreds (thousands?) of instruments covering every inch of the walls. It was so much fun. We came home with this baritone ukulele. I had ordered one from eBay but the seller said it had gotten crushed en route. This was the only baritone in the store. The owner said he can't keep them in stock, they sell so quickly. Wow! Everything was so inexpensive.


If you'd like to try your hand at ukulele, go buy a $20 or $30 ukulele and go to this website to tune it: http://www.get-tuned.com/ukulele_tuner.php. Ukulele is probably the easiest instrument to play!


I found this nice tablecloth for sale on eBay this week. Isn't it cute? It didn't sell, must have been the wrong size.I am trying to figure out how it got serged with red thread, but sewn so that the thread shows. If you know, please tell me! I always have lots of denim scraps and would like to try making this. My tablecloths are size 70x120, so it would be a long term project.


Today we went shopping at Hobby Lobby and World Trade, two huge superstores. I get overwhelmed by these big stores, but Dad loves to shop, so we all went. I got a bumper sticker that says:


"I wasn't born in Texas
but I got here as fast as I could!"


Can you tell how much we are enjoying Texas?

I am going to try making Sourdough Monkey Bread tomorrow. It's been at least a year since I've made Monkey Bread of any kind. Enjoy your weekend.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: