Saturday, January 9, 2010

We got a lot of chores done today, especially stacking more firewood. Sarah's friend Rebecca came over for dinner (we had fajitas), and now the girls are in the unfinished room watching a Disney film called The Trouble With Angels starring Hayley Mills.
I copied this picture from my friend Tracey's blog. Looks delicious! This is Paula Deen's recipe without the eggs. I made this for Tracey while she was visiting so it was nice to see she was successful with the recipe as well. Take a look at Tracey's blog to see the cute dress she sewed up for her daughter. Sarah and I are so proud of Tracey and how much she has learned! This past week I ordered 6 bunches of delicious organic watercress from our local health food store. I stirfried it for a few minutes in some soy sauce. Our family loves watercress and this is such a fast and easy dish.
When the watercress is all wilted (3 minutes tops) I add a few drops of sesame oil. Toss to coat and eat. If there had been leftovers, I would've added a tsp of brown rice vinegar and refrigerated it for a cold salad the next day.
Thursday night when I picked Anna and Maggie up from their game night, Anna mentioned that someone had brought tortilla rollups...another family favorite. So we stopped at Walmart and bought ham, green chilies, and tortillas. The next day we ate them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Yummy! Next time I will buy only the green tortillas...no one wanted the white tortillas.
Maggie and her twin friends exchange gifts every Christmas, and I am always amazed at their creative gift ideas. (All three girls are around 20 years old.) Natalie made this creche for Maggie. Isn't it superb?! She used polymer clay. The rock wall was made of a special "fake granite" clay. Such talent.

We are burning firewood at a fast pace. The highs today and tomorrow are 29 and 28 respectively.

Both Christmas trees have been taken down and put away. It is nice to have my space back...but I miss the atmosphere of the lights.


We are preparing our hearts for tomorrow's sermon. I am also praying for our many elderly folks for whom the freezing temps are dangerous. It takes us 40 minutes to get to church, so we need to be prepared to stay warm if our car should break down.


Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: