Monday, January 25, 2010

Last week I bought this Line Winder from the thrift shop for $3. It sells for $9.99 new on Amazon.
I also bought a Stake Line Winder (50# at 500') for 25 cents. The clerk thought the line winder was overpriced, so she wanted to make up for it. Both items had never been opened. Since I knew Ruthie had a birthday this week, it only made sense to buy her a kite!
Maggie and I had fun choosing three kites from Walmart. It was hard to narrow it down to these three. This Macaw is 52" wide. This is Maggie and Ruthie's favorite.
This Biplane kite is 36".
And this Aerostar kite is also 36" wide (we haven't opened this kite yet so this is a store photo). This is my favorite. All three kites cost $10 each at Walmart. I found each of these kites on Amazon starting at $18 and going all the way up to $75!!


Tomorrow is Ruthie's birthday but since it was so windy today, we let her open these gifts. Unfortunately, it was too gusty and the kites wouldn't fly. Maybe tomorrow we will have a better try. But Ruthie sure likes her gifts.
Tonight I made a really fast dinner...leftovers! I had a bunch of veggies (broccoli, onions, red and green peppers, and half a cabbage) and a half pound of bacon, so I cooked them up in my wok, then added 6 cups of rice. We all loved it...and the best part is that there are no leftovers!

Today I took a computer monitor and a printer to the transfer station to see about recycling them. The worker there pointed to a huge truck container and said our county fills that container each week! Yikes. But my stuff was ancient, so I tried not to feel bad about it.

Today we had 60 degree temps and very gusty wind. Two of my bird feeders were on the ground, and the plastic covering on my little greenhouse got ripped off. Tomorrow the temps start to get cold with the possibility of snow on Friday. Yippee!


Many blessings ~ Kathie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ruthie!

Victoria