Thursday, June 10, 2010

Today I had to drive to the other side of town, and when I was coming home, I ran into a funeral procession. I am so glad to live in a town where we still pay our respects by pulling over and allowing the procession to pass uninterrupted. I've been meaning to take a picture of my tiger lilies in full bloom. Unfortunately, I didn't thin out my plants this past fall or spring...and it shows. My tiger lilies have never looked this bad. (I took this pic at 9 pm and the lilies are drooping.) This picture shows the side of our garage.

Anna shared something with me tonight. You know the expression, "a little birdie told me?" Well, Ecclesiates 10:20b says, "for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter." How's that?!

Tonight I was looking at the facebook photo album of my friend, Adina, who is Romanian. Many of the comments under the photos were therefore written in Romanian. So I found this wonderful translator page online (free!) so now I can see what is being written. Here's an example:
Romanian: fetita face rochita!Clara e o dulce
is translated as
English: Make girl dress! Clara is a sweet
So you can see that it is a loose translation, but at least I get the meaning.

I'd like to make an update here about something I've written about before...kosher symbols. Since I first wrote that post, the laws have changed dramatically. To read the old laws, click here to read my old post. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, kosher symbols are on most foods. See the above cool whip container? Now look at the enlarged detailed picture below.The K in a circle plus the D means that there is dairy in the cool whip. Yes, even though this was called Non Dairy Whipped Topping for years, it has always had dairy (in the form of casein, a concentrated dairy protein).


The new laws benefit those people who cannot touch or ingest something that has ever come in contact with dairy. If a deli worker slices cheese on a slicer, then scrubs it down, even bleaches it, then the meat that she slices next will be considered to have dairy in it. Yes...there are some folks like that.

Under the old laws, that would've been considered K-DE, meaning Kosher but dairy on equipment. So for our family, the kosher symbols are now completely useless. However, the laws requiring every ingredient to be listed, is what we need. So we are thankful for these changes...especially the allergen listings.


Did I bore you with that?!


This morning I found out that our dinner company canceled due to unexpected out-of-town visitors, so I spent the day getting lots of little chores done. I also had fun picking a few handfuls of fresh raspberries!

Many blessings ~ Kathie

1 comment:

Mendi... said...

We served on a seventeen day mission trip to Romania a few years ago...an amazing experience for our entire family!!!

Mendi