Saturday, June 19, 2010

Maggie has been busy making these bookmarks. I just love them! You can buy the white bookmarks in Michaels in packs of 25. Maggie found the foliage on our property and dried them herself.


For those of you who are praying for Maggie, she is doing much better. The botox treatment has significantly shrunk the knot in her muscle. PTL! Tonight we had a feast for dinner, compliments of Sarah, Maggie and Lizzie. We had chicken kiev (from America's Test Kitchen.com), gnocci and pesto sauce (from Taste of Home.com), and the above berry pie. Yummy! The glaze in this pie is delicious. You take some of the berries and puree them into a liquid, then add cornstarch. What a wonderful idea...and the pie isn't sickening sweet.
The pie reminds me of the berry quilt on my bed. The second picture shows the backside fabric. I noticed lately that this quilt is fading and the binding on the edge is getting worn. Boohoo...I love this quilt! I made it eight years ago.

This is a pic of the gnocci. Not a nice picture...but the aroma is tantalizing! When we were in Richmond at the homeschool convention, I bought Ruthie a dress. She has needed new dresses, so this was a wonderful opportunity since it was half price...and the same price it would've cost me to sew it. This fabric is a Hoffman fabric...very nice quality. (Ruthie's dress is distorted with wrinkles because she grabbed it out of the laundry basket so I could take this picture.)
It was hard to choose a favorite. The dresses are very well made. My only regret is that I didn't buy two more.
The name of the dress business is Adornique. Jane, the owner, lives in New Hampshire. I enjoyed talking with her about the business. Jane first tried selling at the homeschool convention in PA but didn't do much business because most of the ladies in PA sewed their own dresses. Richmond was a much better place for business. One thing for sure...her choices for fabrics and buttons are excellent!


Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I always enjoy hearing from folks, and appreciate the encouragement.

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Have a restful Sunday. Many blessings ~ Kathie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some friends of ours run our state convention. I'm going to pass Miss Jane's name on to them. They may want to invite her to our convention. I hope they will. We need some modest dresses here too!!
Glad to hear Maggie is doing better.

Victoria