Monday, June 22, 2009

Thursday afternoon we packed our van and left at midnight for Chattanooga, TN. Anna is attending BIMI (Baptist International Missions Inc) for a week-long missions camp. Anna has been praying about attending this camp for a long time, so she was really excited!


When we woke up Saturday morning, Anna's eye was swollen thanks to poison oak! So off to the UrgenCare clinic where she got a shot of steroids, and prescription for prednisol, claritan, benedryl, and hydrocortisone. That oughtta do the trick!

This is the first year I have sent one of my children off to camp...alone. I am having a rough time of it, so needless to say, I am in a prayerful mood.I enjoyed the 10-hour drive through the mountains of VA and TN. We got to Chattanooga around 2 pm on Friday so we could go to the Creative Discovery Museum for a couple hours. My children had a good time, but I think they were a little old for it. I had been to the children's science museum in San Diego, so I thought I knew what to expect. The San Diego museum is definitely for the older child.
The favorite part of the whole museum is this waterway exhibit. The children are able to build locks to move boats. My favorite part of the museum are the music rooms with different instruments. Some of the instruments are real, some made up, like the blue squeezy thing above. Allen enjoyed the steel drum. There are a series of tunnels that showed different underground animals. There were real exhibits of scorpions, snakes, etc. Lizzie enjoyed playing all the different xylophones. This player piano was also a favorite.
I got a laugh out of my childrens' desire to play with the rotary dial phone.

We got home around 3 am Sunday morning. Thanks to a lemonade disaster, my only clean dress got dirty, so we didn't make it to church. I slept in until 11 am!

This Friday I will be going back down to pick up Anna. Hopefully I will be able to talk my friend, Charmaine, into making the trip with me. I won't bore her with a trip to the science museum...but I will beg her to stop at the log cabin models for a walk-through!


I hope everyone is in summer mode and enjoying a relaxing schedule. Our deer certainly are...they ate our remaining tomato plants. Anna had worked so hard on the garden.


Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: