Thursday, July 8, 2010

Today I'm finally posting my pictures from my parents' July 4th party. Not many pictures...too busy catching up on family and friends. My Mom's petunias are beautiful!
It was a scorcher day...99 degrees and high humidity. The lifeguards kept cool under the canopy.
Kissing cousins, Laurie and my brother Floyd, are catching up on old times.
The children loved the pool. Ruthie came out long enough to eat crabs, then hopped back in. It was good for her to be out in the 82 degree pool.
I hadn't seen Simba's friend Todd in a few years...as well as Simba's other friend, Bob, who came with his family...from Sweden! I got to hold this angel while her young Momma ate a few crabs. It was wonderful!
My brother Mike did all the grilling...and did an excellent job! No charred food! Thanks, Mike. This time next year Mike will be holding his new baby girl!
Our family contributed watermelon, tea, lemonade, and snowcones. As usual, there was too much food...so our family has been eating like kings ever since! Can you guess what was the most requested flavor for snowcones? Egg custard! And we had never heard of that!

The picnic was wonderful. It was the first July 4th picnic I can remember that wasn't threatened by thunderstorms!
This morning when I looked out the window, I was dismayed to see so many yellow leaves on my trees. We need rain! The weatherman says we have a slight chance of rain tomorrow with a better chance on Saturday. Hurray!
As usual, Sarah and Abigail came over and got us out of bed. Now that Mike is on vacation, we're having a hard time getting to bed at a decent hour...and a harder time getting up! All it takes is the familiar sound of pitterpatter from Abigail's feet running down the hall...and we're up!
Usually the first thing Abigail does when we go down to the kitchen, is choose a fruit for breakfast. This week it's been oranges. She loves oranges!
Last night we all watched this western called No Name on the Bullet. It's a serious movie...but we laughed our way through it. Good movie, family friendly.
Anna has been busy sewing another quilt.
I like the floral with the white background.
Tonight we had leftovers for dinner...our favorite! Salad with chopped ham, chicken salad, chips, red pepper slices and dip, sauteed pattypan squash (from my garden!), and the last hamburgers and kielbasa from the picnic. Delicious...and easy.
We enjoy comparing our pictures of Ranger last year to Ranger this year. We love seeing him in my flower box!

A friend of mine posted a comment on Maggie's fox picture (yesterday's post), "Was this one of the little foxes that spoiled the vine?" His question concerns Song of Solomon 2:15 "Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes." I enjoyed spending an hour reading a dozen online sermons based on that chapter.

Enjoy your summer. Keep cool. Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: