Thursday, April 1, 2010

  • Today I went to Zimmerman's Greenhouse (old order mennonite) on Route 5, and came home with these two plants: chocolate mint and orange mint. Wow! They smell delicious! I knew Maggie was looking for different mints, so she gave me the Greatest Mom of the Year award for these! Not bad for $4.50. If any of my Calvert County friends want me to buy them a set (or one), let me know and I'll bring it Sunday.


    I was looking on eBay for different kinds of mints, and found these:

  • pear mint
  • grapefruit mint
  • lemon mint
  • lime mint
  • berries n cream mint
  • licorice mint
  • australian mint
  • mountain mint
  • bubblegum mint (painful to type this...yuck!)
  • crisped scotch mint
  • blue balsam mint
  • swiss mint

Last week when I drove to town, I couldn't resist taking a picture of this swollen stream.
I'm not sure if you can tell but there is a pretty strong and fast current. Deadly if someone were to fall in.
Yesterday I drove past again and I'm happy to say things are back to normal.
I asked my children to take a picture of my 6 peach trees. Hard to see, but the girl sure is cute! Anna is very happy today. She accomplished something she's been working on for a long time. You are supposed to notice the metal joists hangers. Grandaddy gave her a boxful so she could support her floorboards for her treefort. (Unfortunately we got a lot of other stuff from Grandaddy's garage cleaning.) My children sure love being in the woods and building their forts. Anna has had a rough time with trees falling on her fort, so hopefully the remaining trees are strong. Yesterday we met Sarah and Abigail at the park for a picnic and play. It was a little breezy but warm in the sun. Today was in the low 80s. I had many pics of Abigail to choose from...it's so hard to choose just a few. Abigail loved the planes. Our family looked really funny...Abigail was the only baby at the park with an entourage of seven! Fortunately, Abigail is really sweet about giving each cousin some special time. We love it! My darlings enjoyed soaking up the sun.

I hope everyone is enjoying the sunny days. Life is busy but blessed.


Many blessings ~ Kathie

1 comment:

Mendi... said...

Kathie~

We most definitely are enjoying these WARM, sunny days! Once school has been accomplished in the morning, we spend the rest of the day outside. Even tonight we still have the windows open with the warm breeze refreshing the house!

Your day at the park looks like great fun!

Blessings to you this Easter~
Mendi