Friday, April 16, 2010

Another week gone by quickly! Where does the time go? Anna pieced together another baby quilt. The picture doesn't do it justice...the stripes look so nice in real life. Once a week, Sarah does an in-depth science experiment with my children. This week's experiment was about density.
They used water, wine, syrup (molasses), oil, and vinegar. Then they had a bowlful of different doodads to see at what point they sunk. Good work! Sarah said the twins (14 next month) are spelling on an eleventh grade level. Excellent!
Abigail is already trained in the ways of homeschooling...she plays so nicely in the same room. She loves to play tea!
On Wednesday after our weekly Burger King date with Grandad and Meemaw, we stopped by Apple Basket to see the spring inventory.
I always enjoy browsing through this store.
This store has many rooms, each with its own theme. This is more of the kitchen room...my favorite.
Lizzie and Ruthie were inspired by the aprons. There were many antique quilts as well.
The good thing is that the prices are always reasonable. When was the last time you heard that?!


Mike and Sarah will be leaving in the morning to drive a few hours away to MACHE (Maryland Assoc. Christian Home Educators) for their annual curriculum fair. Sarah wants to look at many different curriculums in a few hours. She will have a great time.

So this is another weekend that the tilling won't get done, but slowly we are planting flowers and herbs. I'm glad that my strawberry bed is planted. Today Maggie only had an x-ray taken, so I was able to spend a lot of time at home cleaning...so tomorrow I can sew all day.


You may notice that Maggie's Test Kitchen no longer exists. Maggie decided she will start her own blog when her hands are healed. So I have turned that blog into a sourdough blog (see side column on the left). I know there are many such blogs already, but this is my own version for my friends. I am slow in getting it started, so please bear with me.


Enjoy your Saturday. Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: