Monday, October 12, 2009

Well, for the second time this month, we had to cancel our bonfire because of gusty winds. Had we burned this pile, I'm sure it would've quickly spread to become the fire of the century!
So we had everyone inside for a spaghetti dinner. I had a lot of fun even though it was Plan B. Bernard used Lizzie's violin, Nathan used Mike's trumpet, and Al played piano. It was great fun! I love music!! It was also a lot of fun having two babies in the crowd. It's been a while since we dug out the playrug and the baby toys. Hopefully the weather will hold so we can burn that pile. You know what they say about the third time!
Today the public schools were off because of Columbus Day, so Allen's friend Jeff came over for the day.
Since Allen had to feed the bees some sugar blocks, Jeff joined right in.
They also went squirrel hunting and played airsoft guns. Two peas in a pod!
Allen said Jeff is a good smoker. I'm sure Jeff's mom will be pleased about that!
Lizzie's violin teacher moved from Leonardtown to Mechanicsville, so she is 10 minutes closer. That's wonderful.
But Lizzie likes their new home because of the ride through the countryside. Aren't these beauties?!
On our way to church we have a little funny intersection with two circles. Trying to give directions to our church is difficult with these circles. One Sunday we were coming home from church, and we saw a family in a van, and as they were driving off the circle, you could see the Dad pointing to the next exit and saying, "I think we want to go there!" Unfortunately, when the circle was first built, we did the same thing. Each circle has 3 exits, so it's hard to explain which exit to take. The signs don't help much either. And when you take the wrong exit...it's quite a drive to turn around!

I just added the above picture because I like funny signs.

We are finished with day one of another busy week. My inlaws are coming this week, so I hope to do a little cleaning each day. Hope is the operative word here!

Ruthie's winter pajamas are tight, so I hope to sew two pairs today and tomorrow. Then I need to start on her winter dresses. Hopefully that will motivate me to start sewing some quilt blocks or something fun.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: