Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ruthie

Ruthie turned 9 yesterday. How time flies. It seems like yesterday that I was in the midst of diapers, toys, and mashed bananas. This picture is so typically Ruthie the cowgirl. Around here we call Ruthie, "Rooty Toot." She used to ask us to call her Dale Evans. Nowadays she asks us to call her "Israel Boone" after Daniel Boone's son. I had a hard time finding pictures of Ruthie. I have a bunch of her as a newborn, and a bunch of her in the past two years (since we went digital), but nothing in between. I copied this page out of a scrapbook Sarah gave me.

This picture was taken five years ago when the girls were dressed for Uncle Simba's wedding.
I found these two funny pictures that were taken on Grandaddy's boat in Virginia. We have many pictures of Maggie and Anna reading to Ruthie. She is definitely a much-loved child.
Our big news today is SNOW! Our first measurable snow of the season. Whippee! We are supposed to get 1-2 inches. (Don't laugh, Joan.) For those of you who wonder why we are now getting snow...it's because my parents are coming home from Texas this week. Snow seems to follow them everywhere. My poor folks even took cold weather to Texas with them for their first week. But the past few weeks they've been basking in 80 degree days on the beach of North Padre Island.


Allen's Tang Soo Do class has been canceled, but I still have to take Maggie to a 2-hour long appt on base. Anyone who has visited us knows we have a mile long dirt road with treacherous hills. We will certainly be prayerful!


Keep warm and enjoy the snow. Many blessings ~ Kathie

1 comment:

Heather MacQ said...

maggie and i share a birthday! It's a great time of year to have been born! Happy Birthday Maggie!