Saturday, December 22, 2007

This morning we are washing the kitchen floor which is the last job for today. My family is coming over for our annual Christmas party/dinner/gift exchange. I took this picture because my kitchen floor only stays clean for a few minutes before it gets dirty again:-) As soon as this half dries, we will move the table and island to the other side and wash that side.

For you homeschoolers, download this fun video: (It took me less than 10 minutes with dial-up)


http://www.doublesharpevideo.com/HomeSchool2/Homeschool2.html

Maggie has been busy cooking plates of cookies and desserts. Our menu for this get-together is always the same: heavy h'or d'oeuvres. We will have ham sandwiches, coleslaw, crab-artichoke dip, cream cheese and pepper jelly dip, shrimp mold, stuffed mushrooms, spinach dip, and veggies and dip.

Every year I try a new appetizer, but this year I am making a new punch recipe to use up my grapefruits. It tastes delicious.

Have a nice weekend finishing up your pre-Christmas preparations. I know that in two hours when my family walks through the door, I can take a deep breath and enjoy the rest of the day.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: