Monday, December 24, 2007

Graham Family Christmas Party

This past Saturday was our family Christmas get-together. As usual, it was a lot of fun. We gave our children their main Christmas gifts so they could ride them with their cousins. We bought these go-carts from an online ad for a great deal.
This is Maggie riding Dustin's dirt bike. Maggie has always loved anything with an engine, so she had a great time on the dirtbike.
This is my nephew, Dustin.
I will introduce you to my family starting with the baby, Uncle Simba and his wife, Natalie. They are expecting their first baby in June. This is a long-awaited event, a true answer to prayer. We are overjoyed!
Next is Floyd and his wife Cecilia. This was an emotional time for Cecilia who just lost a close friend this past September. I drew Cecilia's name for the gift exchange. She was excited about the gift I gave her ~ everything for doing mosaics including molds, book, adhesives, cement, and lots of mosaics. I had fun choosing them all. (I knew she wanted mosaics.) And Cecilia chose my name for the drawing. She gave me a lovely cedar birdhouse (which was what I wanted) and some hanging birdfeeders. It is a perfect gift!
I am next in line, then my oldest brother, Mike and his wife, Leslie.

This year when we did the drawing, I had each person write his name on a piece of paper, then they had to write a wishlist. That really helped with gift-giving this year.
The two gifts that everyone thought were the best, was this sign for Mom and Dad's VA waterfront home, and this sign:Floyd made this sign for Dad to post outside the little cabin down by the pond. Isn't it adorable?!
This past Sunday evening, Mike took the children to a local farm called, "Bubby Knott's Farm" to see all the unique animals and Christmas lights. They enjoyed it so much that we are going to try to go back again after Christmas.

I stayed home to clean up after the party, and to organize some last-minute details for Christmas. It is a rare treat to have the whole house to myself!


It is also a rare treat to have all 6 children together! Here they are at Bubby Knott's farm in one of the barns.

We are getting ready to go to church for our Christmas Eve Candlelight service. Almost all of us are singing or playing an instrument. Have a blessed Christmas with your family. You are welcome to come by anytime for tea and dessert.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: