Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sourdough Waffles

Anna put together this centerpiece for our table. Isn't it beautiful? The votive candles are apple pie spice and smell wonderful.
This morning we took the same recipe for sourdough pancakes on yesterday's post, and made waffles. Not only were they delicious, but what a breeze to make! Unlike conventional waffles that like to stick to the wafflemaker, the soudough waffles just lift off in one piece. The picture above shows a beligian waffle and the picture below shows a regular waffle (as far as size).
Today I have two sourdoughs set up for dinner ~ one for biscuits and one for soft pretzels. I will let you know how they turn out. And here I am trying not to eat many carbs!
I found this shirt at the thrift shop and gave it to Ruthie for Christmas. Anyone who knows Ruthie knows how appropriate this shirt is for her. It pretty much sums up Ruthie's idea of homeschooling!
Ruthie enjoys crafts more than anyone else in our family, so I was glad that she received many craft projects for Christmas. Here she is doing one. I'm not sure why she looks sad because she was actually happily singing. I guess I caught a split-second look.

My parents gave all the children $100 gift cards for Christmas. For Sarah, it was a gas card from Wawa (where she works). For Maggie it was from JoAnn's Fabrics. For the youngest three the cards came from Michaels. Now I don't have to pay for any school art supplies!

I'm off to clean house. Enjoy your day.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: