Saturday, December 1, 2007

Bread Experiment

I really wanted to bake my bread outside in the dutch oven, but it was too windy and the charcoal wouldn't cooperate. And I couldn't get the inside bake oven fired up in time. So I decided to bake both loaves the same way and compare the differences between the white and whole wheat loaves. In both pictures, the left loaf is the white loaf and the right loaf has freshly ground whole wheat.
Here they are baked! I really expected the white loaf to be much bigger but it isn't. Let me tell you, the loaf on the right is packed with nutrition. And there wasn't much difference in taste except that the right loaf tasted wheatier.
Tonight I will make another experiment and see if I can have the loaf finished baking when we get home from church.
I'm off to the sewing room to accomplish great things!
Many blessings ~ Kathie

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Ooooo, that bread looks so good. I can almost smell it.