Monday, November 24, 2008

Lizzie and Anna had a piano recital on Saturday evening. What made this recital special was that every piece was played by ensembles. Lizzie and Anna played together. Mike took pictures on the video camera, but I forgot to get one on my digital camera. So here they are practicing. The name of their piece is "Yankee Doodle Variations," and it is an upbeat, fun song. Well done, girls! One night last week we were coming home late, and an animal darted across our dirt road. We followed it and took this picture. All we could see were the two yellow eyes. It wasn't until we got home and saw this picture that we realized it was a cat.

Last Wednesday when we helped Dad cook for his church, we got to have a lot of fun with Darling Abby, my niece. My brother, Floyd, especially had fun with her. Here she is checking out Floyd's beard. This same beard made each of my children deathly afraid of Floyd for years. They would scream if he even smiled at them! So these pictures are especially dear.
I have never baked bread in stoneware before, so when I found this pan at the thrift shop, I bought it. As usual, when I went to pay for it, the cashier marked it down from $5 to $2. I must look poor or something because I seem to get charged less and less...not that I mind!


Anyhow, I loved the way it made the bread crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. If you live close and would like to borrow this pan, let me know. You may borrow it for a few weeks, no need to worry about returning it quickly.

Today I learned about a Bible Bee that is similiar to a Spelling Bee, but will test Bible memorization instead. What a wonderful idea! If you'd like to learn more about it, click here for the Bible Bee website. If you'd like to find the closest bee in your area, click here. If you sign up, I'd love to know.

Tonight I am weary, but I'm glad I forced myself to write a post. All I did was violin lessons, piano lessons, chiropractor, return something to the store, and shopping...but I'm done in! How do working Moms do it?! We had an easy dinner (BLTs) so at least my kitchen is clean.


I was feeling sad that I forgot to pray for Maggie while she was at her accupuncture appt, but PTL, she had an easy time of it! Usually it is excruciating for her. Hopefully this is good news.

Both the woodstove and fireplace are going, so we are warm and toasty. So much to be thankful for. Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: