Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Introducing the two newest members of our family, Jack and Flipper. When Allen and I went to the amish feedstore, there was a box full of Muscovy ducklings. I have wanted to have a pair of Muscovies to help with the mosquito population. The best thing about Muscovies is that they roost in the trees.
So I told Allen to choose two ducklings to bring home. What I didn't know was that there were two tiny yellow ducks (Pekins) somewhere in the pile of feathers that he chose. It wasn't until I had gotten them home that I peeked into the box and saw that they were yellow. By then it was too late.
It took Ruthie .00002 of a second to fall in love. We've had yellow ducks before...with disastrous results. One went to a fox and one to a possum, so I sent the third one back to the amish farm before he got eaten. So now we are scrambling to build a duck house.
Since both Anna and Maggie got new cameras for their birthdays, I have had fun looking through their pictures files. Maggie took this one of our bluejay in my pear tree. We call this guy Meany Beany Scallopini. He has been the subject of several conversations about Mean and Beautiful vs. Ugly and Nice. Fortunately we only have one bluejay.


We are having beautiful weather this year. Not humid yet, with just enough rain to keep the plants happy (as well as the gardeners). I am so thankful that today is supposed to be lovely weather before tomorrow's expected severe storms. We will bury my aunt at 11 am. The girls will sing a song at the service, then I will join them for a song at the gravesite. I still sound like I have a bad headcold, so I am meditating on Phil 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (...and tussin, nosedrops, and mullein!)

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: