Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Doesn't this look like a great way to spend the afternoon in 90+ heat? The best part about my Dad's pool is that it is in complete shade by 3 pm. Of course, it makes for a cool pool in early spring and fall, but for the summer season, it's great! Last week I got this catalog from http://www.thecountryhouse.com/. I had a lot of fun browsing through it. It has a little bit of everything: pottery, pictures, curtains, knick knacks, etc. I especially liked the wall plaques. Here are my favorites:
We never have a problem with smokers around here, but I still thought it was funny. I don't know how well you can see these pictures, so I'll write the sayings. "I hate four letter words...Wash, Cook, Dust and Iron." Actually, I enjoy everything about housekeeping...except dusting. That's why I have very few knick knacks.
I thought this one was cute. I have to admit, Allen has always been the more studious type, so I can't complain.
I thought this one was hilarious: Motto to Live By: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!" It's not biblical, but it sure is funny.
This was my absolute favorite: "Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you..."

The Country House is located in Salisbury, Maryland, about 2 hours north of us. I'm not sure how they got my name, but I'm glad they sent me their catalog. I think their prices are steep...but everything is steep these days! The only thing I know that has cost the same for 2000 years is Jesus' gift of eternal salvation. It's free! "Call upon the Name of the Lord and thou shalt be saved." No middle man or obnoxious salesman, go straight to the top.

We're off to violin lesson. I am praying that the severe storms that are expected today will hold off until we return home. Many blessings ~ Kathie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathie ~ I get that same catalog and have for years. I love those plaques, too. I've never bought anything from them but have gotten lots of great ideas...not sure why they keep sending to me. Your pool days sure look inviting.