Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I am having fun tonight watching Mike teach our two oldest daughters. They are both taking a Math course at the local community college. Both girls are inclined towards writing and English courses, not math! Mike is an instructor at the Navy Test Pilot School on our local navy base. Right now I'm sure he is thinking it is easier to teach radar and calculus-level courses to a classroom full of students than to teach Math to Sarah and Maggie!

It is a good thing you can't hear what the girls are saying right now. They are not saying kind things about numbers and scientific calculators!

Yesterday my children did more schoolwork than usual because we knew we wouldn't get any done today since we were gone all day at homeschool co-op. So I gave three tests simultaneously and hillariously! A spelling test for Lizzie, a different spelling test for Anna, and a phonics quiz for Ruthie. I wondered several times if anyone else has ever done that?

As I mentioned, today was homeschool co-op from 9:30 -1:45 at church. Maggie did a great job teaching eight 6-7th graders about knifes. They made a big bowl of salsa. I forgot to take their picture, but remembered in time to get a picture of the salsa! Doesn't it look yummy? It was amazing how many Moms hung around to get a taste:-) Even Pastor liked it.

Here's the recipe:
4 tomatoes, chopped and seeded
2 green peppers, chopped
1/2 red or sweet onion
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tblp olive oil (opt)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tblp rice vinegar
1 tblp mustard seeds

Mix well and enjoy!

I had three enthusiastic children in my ukulele class. It was very enjoyable. I wasn't sure how this class would go, but it's gonna take off! The only glitch in the whole day is the traffic in the morning. Takes almost an hour to get to church!

We got our first frost this week. Nippy mornings and evenings. Superb quilting weather!

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: