Friday, April 13, 2012

 One of Anna's favorite places on earth is her treefort.  Hurricane Irene smashed it last year, but Anna is rebuilding.  It's slow when you're depending on freecycle and Grandaddy for recycled materials.
  I especially like the view from her back porch.

 Anna enjoys burning cooking lunch on her firepit.  Her specialty that day was kielbasa (see the lefthand corner of the grate) and canned chili.  We call her Chez Char Anna! 

I am just teasing.  We enjoy teasing Anna about cooking.  She is my only daughter who does not enjoy cooking and collecting bazillions of recipes to try.  Our recent family joke is this:


Our family has been painting the entire upstairs in anticipation of getting wood flooring.  Anna especially has been faithful at caulking, caulking, and caulking.  Maggie says this is going to happen in Uganda:

Missionary:  "Well, Anna, I hear you can really cook!"
Anna:  "Cook?! No...you mean caulk!  I can definitely caulk!"
 Anna was pleased to have her siblings help her install a few walls.  As usual, Ranger did not want to come home that day.  The resident mice and snake keep him happy:-)

 I found this large bowl at the thrift shop for $1.  It was in rough shape...until I sanded it down and coated it with mineral oil. I like the way it turned out.  (I also like projects that take one afternoon!)
 Mike was hoping to get off crutches at his last appt, but the doc said one more month.  We will all be happy when he can walk again!
 I miss Anna's sewing projects.  I had gotten used to coming home every afternoon and enjoying her creations.  Isn't this adorable?!
 Our friend, Rebekah, bought a new hammered dulcimer.  She's already played a song for special music.
 I like the King of Kings on the cross in the middle of the dulcimer.  I've always wanted to play this instrument.  Someday...!
 Maggie and I were coming home late one night when something dashed across the road.  Since it was pitch black outside, Maggie took a chance and took this picture.  After we saw the picture downloaded, we realized it was a cat.  This past week we saw an albino deer!  I hope to capture him on camera.
This broccoli is from my garden.  I pulled it out on February 28th.  There is a story about this broccoli:  I planted all three last fall, but the turkeys nibbled on them until only stalks remained.  It looked funny seeing the stalks in the garden but I left them there, all winter.  Imagine my surprise when I looked out and saw these three large broccoli!  And they were much sweeter than the average broccoli.  I may have to try that again next winter.

The twins just walked in the door so I had to get a picture...tonight they had their last drivers' ed class.  They both passed their tests with flying colors (Lizzie got 100% and Allen missed one question, so he got 98%).  Lizzie took 30 cupcakes for the class.  So glad that is over!

Look at our family picture on the top lefthand column.  See the twins on the right?  That picture was taken 4 years ago when Lizzie was a 1/2" taller than Allen.  Now look at them!
I'm thankful tomorrow is Saturday.  I'm hoping to get lots of sewing done and a little painting upstairs.  We need some rain so I can burn the burnpile.  We are 6" short.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together. ~ Psalm 34:3

No comments: