Friday, August 15, 2008

Yesterday on my way home from the dentist, I stopped at Captain Leonard's Crabhouse in Mechanicsville (intersection of routes 235 and 6). They have large cold crabs for $15/dozen. So I surprised my children with a dozen (actually they gave me 16 crabs). I think that is a great deal! This month is our turn to keep the church property mowed and trimmed, so Mike and Allen spent the morning over there.
Allen had fun riding the mower while Mike did the trimming. Mike wishes we could get 20 families to sign up so that each family only had to do this once a year. Wouldn't that be handy?!
I guess Allen felt good about his work!
This past week I was watching a western movie, and the cowboy ate a bacon biscuit sandwich that looked so yummy! So I made some this morning with whole wheat sourdough biscuits. It was delicious! The best part is that it filled everyone so much that we didn't eat lunch...just an early dinner.
I spent the day doing a bunch of chores, as well as helping Lizzie and Ruthie with their violin practice. I also shredded a bunch more zucchini. I'm trying to come up with a good sourdough zucchini bar recipe. Tonight's experiment was based on this recipe except that I substituted 1/2 cup of sourdough starter for the sour cream, and used 3/4 cup of white sugar. The result is so-so....everyone liked it but Sarah. But I want a recipe that's fantastic. So I'll keep trying.

Mom and Dad have left Texas and are on their way home. They will stop in NC and pick Maggie and Anna up from camp. I'm sure my girls are barely able to contain their excitement tonight.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: