Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lately I have been watching eBay sales of cast iron because I'd like to buy a cast iron pie plate like this:and a cast iron loaf pan like this:

I'm willing to wait for a good deal. However, today I had fun watching another auction end.
See this Griswold divided skillet that is 8" wide? How much would you pay for this? I wouldn't pay anything...since I can't figure out why I'd want such a pan. Anyhow, some unlucky winner paid $860.00 plus $13.06 for shipping! So if you have one of these in your cupboards, get it out and list it! Click here for the auction page to see the details.


For a few trivia facts about this auction, the bids were pretty much between 2 buyers, then at the last minute, a third buyer appeared and sniped it. Actually, the buyer posted his winning bid with 3 seconds left! You can read all about it by clicking here to read the bidding history.

Today Ruthie and I had to go to the library and the health food store, so of course we had to go to the nearby thrift shop. We came out with a bagful for 86 cents! See the little crock? It was covered in paint, so I got out my trusty turpentine and cleaned it all off. Not bad...2 crocks in one week! I took a picture of both crocks so you could see how little the new one is (1 pint).

Today on our local website, http://www.somd.com/, someone was giving away baby scorpions! I thought they looked fascinating. So what do you call baby scorpions? Scorplings! Yes, it's true.

Maggie and Anna are due home any moment, so there is a lot of excitement around here.


I am reading the book of Malachi this week. It is really interesting. You know the well-known verse, "And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children..."? Well, that's the last verse of the book of Malachi. I went to my usual commentary website and printed out the concise version (versus the complete version) so that it is handy when I'm reading. Click here to see what I mean.

Have an enjoyable Sunday. Our dinner guests for tomorrow just canceled, so I guess it'll be lowkey around here.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: