Sunday, July 8, 2007

Today my brother Mike married his bride Leslie. It was a beautiful wedding in a tiny chapel on St. George's Island. This island goes under water every time we have a hurricane or strong storm. Everyone looked happy and lovely.

This is Johnny and his sisters, Jennifer and Colleen. I wish Johnny's grandfather, our adored Uncle John, could've been here yesterday to see his grandkiddies (as my Dad calls them). I still can't get used to him being gone. Anyhow, Johnny sure kept us smiling thru the wedding service *smile*.

After the ceremony, everyone drove the half-hour north to Mom and Dad's home where there was a cool pool for the children and a cool house for the rest of us. There was too much food but lots of good fellowship. I was asked for my spinach dip recipe twice, so I'll give it here:

Spinach Dip

2 cups sour cream
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup dry leek soup mix (has to be Knorrs)
1 tsp dill
20 oz chopped spinach, thawed
1 tsp Good Seasoning's salad dressing mix
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped parsley

Combine well. Makes about 3-1/2 cups.

My daughters enjoyed singing while Aunt Marilyn played the piano. I played the piano for my Uncle Ron while he played the violin. We played through most of a violin book by Tracey Ann Collins titled, Ever in Joyful Song. I found a CD of these songs on Old Christian Radio that I am going to put on my wishlist. I was driving around town one day and heard one of the violin songs from this book playing on the local Christian Radio (88.1 FM). It was so beautiful that I bought the book hoping someday Lizzie will be able to play it. I'm sure it is advanced level. Anyhow, I sure enjoyed playing through it with Uncle Ron.

If you go to my CD link above, you can read the testimony of Tracey Ann Collins. It is worth the read.

Well, this morning I am home from church with Ruthie. She ate some chicken that had egg in it and suffered all night. I didn't realize the chicken had egg. She has welts and her lungs sound bad, so between popsicles that make her feel good, she is taking nebulizer treatments and I started her on steroids. I am praying so hard that we don't need to make a trip to the hospital. I have a terrible feeling in my heart that the two of us will need to stay home from our canoeing trip this week. The temps are supposed to get into the mid-90s with mid-70s in the evening. Ruthie just can't breathe well in those temps. Her little heart is sure gonna hurt when she finds out.

Enjoy this Sunday worshipping our Lord. Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: