Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Today is the Wednesday that my children go and help their Granddaddy cook dinner for his church. They had about 90 people last month, so it'll be interesting to see how many show up this week. Everyone loves my Dad's cooking, so they tend to get record turnouts on his night to cook.

Last week when I went to the thrift shop, I picked up two of these "jelly bean" jello molds for 10 cents each. You fill them with the recipe to make twizzlers (use half the amount of water). Here's what they look like:


They are about the size of a penny. So we've declared them a success. We have also decided that we are going to make a bunch of different kinds and put them together in my trifle dish. Our local amish store sells jello in bulk in all the usual flavors, plus pineapple, apricot, grape, blueberry and cranberry. I'll let you know how all these flavors taste when combined!

Ruthie was glad to have the kitchen to herself today and made the best BLTs for Sarah, me and herself.

I didn't realize until today that she has to reach up for the stovetop! And she's been cooking for several years now! (Ruthie is seven.)

Today we got to do one of our favorite pasttimes ~ baby watching! This darling angel's name is Makayla and she is the baby of Sarah's friend Karlie. Isn't she adorable?! We had so much fun. We found our trusty baby rattle, the hardback baby books and a few noise toys, but 3 month old Makayla wasn't interested. I sure hope we get to see lots of her before she grows up.

Hope you have a cool place to enjoy during these hot days.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: