Saturday, May 28, 2011

Last night we had 26 folks over to watch the latest DVD from Bob Jones University called Milltown Pride. Everyone I talked to said they enjoyed the film. I don't particularly enjoy baseball, but I did like the movie. If you live locally (or even sort of locally) and would like to borrow my copy, let me know and I will get it to you.

We turned our living room into a movie theater for the night. We are so thankful for that large screen tv that was given to us from freecycle.org! Hubby had to spend $7 at Radio Shack for parts...and now it works like a dream. I sure had a wonderful evening.

For those of you who stayed late and wonder why I disappeared...! Around 10:30 pm I went upstairs to get some nosedrops. I decided to lie down for a minute so the nosedrops would work faster...and that's the last thing I remember...until I woke up at 1:30 am!! I couldn't believe it! I was still fully dressed. Oh well.


My lettuce garden is doing well. I love fresh lettuce.

Our potatoes are doing very well...and we are trying to be faithful with watering. These hot days have sure come upon us with a vengeance!

Ten years ago, a mennonite friend gave me a bunch of these flowers. I forget what they are called. When they died, I tossed them under a tree. Each year they come back. I love them!

Lizzie made this fence out of saplings she found on our property. I'm not sure what she has planted next to it, but I love the look of it.




I'm not sure if this video will work or not...it's an experiment. It's only a few seconds long, and it shows the inside of Allen's hive. Very busy bees!


I hope you are keeping cool and enjoying your garden. Thank you for your emails that keep me up to date in your life. Many blessings ~ Kathie

PS ~ I forgot to mention...This morning my hubby and I went to the amish farmer's market outside the Charlotte Hall Library on route 5. What a nice place! Homemade soft ice cream, lots of fresh flowers, eggs, produce, honey, plants, baked items, etc. Everything was nice and clean. I noticed the customers were a friendly bunch as well. There is fresh beeswax as well as jars of bee pollen...and at great prices. Some of the items were expensive (cherry tomatoes were very expensive at $3.50 a little basketful) and some were cheap (4 sweet potato plants for $1). So pick a cool Saturday and enjoy your visit. (Across the street is my all-time favorite antiques store!)

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hi Kathie ~
* wish we could have been there with you to view the new movie.
* your lettuce looks delish!
* love the purple flowers. I don't know what they are called either...some folks in our subdivision have them growing near their garden. We wondered if they were just wildflowers as we've seen them growing by the side of the road.
* the sapling fence looks like a fence in colonial Williamsburg!
* that's all...just thought I'd actually comment instead of just reading and enjoying your post w/o saying a word! :)