Thursday, December 9, 2010

A few weeks ago, Maggie made this beautiful lace bowl...with sugar and water! She bought the doily (a large 12" one), followed the directions for making sugar starch, then shaped it over my large stoneware bowl until it dried. It turned out beautifully. I don't know what recipe Maggie used, but there are many websites that tell you how, like this one. I hope she makes more.

I found these pictures in Anna's camera. My daughters are very proud of being able to change the oil on their cars. They can also change tires.
This was the mechanic on duty while the girls changed the oil. All complaints go directly to him.

I'm posting this picture for Mr. Owen. We were given all the styrofoam boards from last year's play. Anna is using it to build her treefort. Mr. Owen did all the painting. Anna thanks you!

On Tuesday mornings, Anna babysits Abigail while Sarah takes a class at the local college. Grandad almost always comes over to visit. Last week Anna grabbed her camera and took some cute pics.

Abigail has discovered Dr. Seuss...much to Sarah's delight.

I guess reading made her sleepy.

Even though it's bitterly cold out this week, Abigail still loves to jump on the trampoline. She always asks to jump.


This week has flown by. I can hardly believe tomorrow is Friday. I am trying to think about sending out invitations for a New Year's Eve party...but all I can think about is getting ready for Christmas. I wonder if anyone else feels that way.


I have been using this website for my daily devotions. Today I read this statement that I want to share:
"God has not equally distributed gifts, talents, or intelligence, but He has equally distributed Himself. Our sense of worth comes from knowing who we are as children of God." I John 3:1 ~"See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are."

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: