Thursday, August 26, 2010

This upcoming Sunday is the date for our Patch the Pirate play at church. All of my family has been involved at some point. We've had some very long Sundays with practice all afternoon. I'm looking forward to the end of that! Now that we have the set onstage, everything is getting exciting! Thanks, Mr. Owen, who did a fantastic job painting the set...as usual!
Sarah is directing, Lizzie is playing the piano (for all but one piece which she'll be singing), Maggie and Ruthie will be acting, and Mike is in charge of the music. You see Anna here reading in for someone who is absent. Anna will also be singing.

This past week, our church celebrated my Pastor's 60th birthday. It was so much fun!

The cake was beautiful and looked delicious. Thanks, Christy! I noticed the chocolate side went much faster than the vanilla!
The surprise party took place in the gym after evening church service. We couldn't get Pastor to come down to the gym. So finally his wife, Deb, went up and told Pastor there were some folks in the gym who were upset. It worked!
Surprise! Yes, he was truly surprised.
Along with cake, there was a feast! Sandwiches, chips and dips, etc. One of our families brought in two huge watermelons from their garden. Bonnie had a hard time cutting the melons. We were surprised to find yellow on the inside!
I got to bring home half of a leftover melon. Bonnie, I had no trouble at all cutting the melon with my good Henckel's knife. I think the lightweight knife at church was the problem. Actually, I cut one slice and Ruthie cut up the rest.
I liked the watermelon so much...I saved all the seeds! I hope this is an heirloom variety so I can have a gardenful next summer!

Hubby got home from work at midnight last night. The good thing is that he will be off tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that. The pool water is now staying at 82 degrees. Wonderfully refreshing!


Many blessings ~ Kathie

Oh it is wonderful to be a Christian!
Oh it is wonderful to be God's child!
Oh it is wonderful to have my sins forgiven,
Oh it is wonderful to be redeemed, justified, forever reconciled!

No comments: