Sunday, April 19, 2009

We were very excited yesterday to see our first honeycomb from our hives! Mike and Maggie have been regularly checking to make sure everything is going well. Evidently the bees weren't making the honeycomb in the right place, so Mike scraped these off. They feel like soft wax. The queen had made eggs in it already. Wow! I love spring colors. Yesterday we planted the rest of our asparagus and onions. It was 75 degrees...and very warm in the afternoon sun!I finished Ruthie's second dress. I have never been so miserable making a dress. I tend to be a perfectionist with my sewing, but I could not make this pattern work perfectly. Always had to be tugging and forgiving.
I used this Simplicity pattern. The teal dress is the view with the longer jacket, the purple the shorter.
I really like the fabric coordinates from Joann's Fabrics.
Oops...I should have turned the floral fabric around to match the grain of the polka dot.
Our family has watched two good dvds lately. Faith Like Potatoes by Affirm Videos is based on a true story. I enjoyed watching the beautiful scenery of South Africa. This is the first time I have ever thought of Africa as beautiful!
Walking across Egypt was also well done by Feature Films for Families. Both movies had no foul language or immodesty. The only rock music was a few seconds between a few scenes.

Mike bought an armful of good dvds at a garage sale, so hopefully we will find some more to share with you. If you'd like to borrow either of the above videos (and live locally), let me know.

Enjoy your Sunday. We are waiting for rain here in southern Maryland. No drought this year! Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: