Friday, May 25, 2007

I got an email today from a local friend (her sister was my roomie at BJU) who homeschools her two boys. She sent me a website from MIT offering free courses. The website is http://ocw.mit.edu/index.html. According to my friend Lynn, MIT tried distance learning online but the concept didn't work out for them. So they have kept the online courses and made them available to the public. Take a look. There are a number of different courses.

I just want to say that I am not recommending MIT as a school choice and I have not checked out the courses. But hopefully you have raised your children to be discerning by the time they are youths. Anyhow, I welcome all comments you have about this website.

Aren't the roses beautiful? Mike brought them home today for no special reason. How sweet is that?! And tonight we had the most delicious dinner. Fried squash, sauteed green beans, watermelon, potato cakes and sliced tomatoes. It was wonderful. I got brave and dipped the squash into egg before dredging in flour and tonight I am paying the price ~ I itch all over. I thought egg was something I shouldn't overdo, but now I'm thinking I need to be just as diligent with egg as I have to be with dairy.

Today I got a comment from Deb who writes her wonderful Mountain Musings blog that I always enjoy reading. She recommends the Blue Indigo Bush for my Courter's Quarters area in Bypass Lane (see previous post). So tomorrow I want to call around and see if I can find one. I sure appreciate the recommendation. I'll let you know what I find!

I noticed that our Mennonite plant stand across the highway is filled to overflowing with flowers and plants. But so far I have seen few cars this year. I will have to go see what they are selling. One of my Mennonite friends works there, young Elsie. It is always fun to stop and talk with Elsie.

Tomorrow promises to be hot with severe thunderstorms in the afternoon, so I plan to get up and moving early (relatively!).

Thanks for reading and many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: